Individual English lessons can be arranged based on your schedule and may include evening and weekends if arranged with us in advance. You can take the lessons in the London centres, Canterbury or book Skype English lessons.
There is no ‘typical’ person who chooses individual English tuition. You may feel that a group course is simply not suitable; you may have limited time available, or you may want the trainer to be able to focus 100 per cent on your needs.
You will have dedicated English teachers who will create the lessons just for you. A programme of individual tuition recognises that everyone is different, so the training content is entirely flexible to suit you. This Individual English Training course is offered at The London School of English.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
Some people have identified an area of very specific need and require totally personalised and focused training which a group course may not be able to provide.
People choosing to take individual tuition do so for a wide variety of reasons, which can include:
- preparation for an important presentation
- increasing confidence for an English-language conference, seminar or meeting
- priority focus on specific areas of weakness or of interest
- increasing overall level of confidence in all aspects of English language use
- a need to ensure total focus on personal needs
All the individual tuition programmes include a detailed needs analysis leading to a carefully tailored training programme ensuring that the school maintain complete focus on specifically identified areas of need.
Many people choose to do a combination course, where half a day is spent in group tuition, whilst the other half is spent in 1:1 tuition. You may also choose to take your individual tuition with a colleague - making it a 2:1 course.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- significantly improve your performance in priority areas
- understand your own language problems and identify future areas of focus
- speak with greater confidence, fluency and accuracy
- use a greatly increased active vocabulary
- Minimum age: 18
- Average age: 43
- Group size: Normally 1:1. If you can come with one or two friends or colleagues, we can offer you a special small group (2:1 or 3:1)
- Course length: Recommended start dates any Monday but flexibility is possible including weekends
- Hours per week: Flexible hours but usually 15, 20 or 30 hours per week. 15 hours minimum, no maximum
2017 (Lunch at the school is included in all course fees)
Standard times (08.00 - 19.00 / Monday - Friday, except holidays)
- 1:1 : £80/person/hour
- 2:1 : £50/person/hour
At all other times and holidays
- 1:1 : £100/person/hour
- 2:1 : £64/person/hour
Course Dates 2017